- Status: For Sale
- Furnishings: N/A
- Pool: No
The Old Pharmacy, located in Speightstown, is a superb prime commercial site of approximately 18,000 sq. ft. (including 3,150 sq. ft. of beach land) situated in the heart of this historic town on the West Coast of Barbados.
Plans have been prepared with a view to creating a 19 room Inn with retail and catering facilities. These plans were approved in December 2010. They can of course be changed or improved subject to planning consent. If built, the currently approved plans would create 25,000 sq. ft. of commercial space with these features.
• Pub/Garden Restaurant in the main building
• An Inn “The Speightstown Inn” - with 19 rooms,
all air-conditioned with en suite bathrooms
• A retail store that would attract tourism and
generate local employment.
A Beach Bar/Restaurant with beach facilities is the subject of a separate planning application which is pending.
Alternatively, the property could be preserved as a private residence or as apartments.
Key benefits of the Speightstown Special Development Area
The town is part of a Special Development Area*
We understand that approved projects will enjoy these exemptions.
• Import duties, consumption tax, stamp duty, VAT on construction, renovation
• Capital expenditure deductible at 20% per year
• Charges on reparation of interest and capital for 10 years
• Land tax on improved value of the land
• Property transfer tax
NB Buyers should take professional advice on the S.D.A. status
*Supplement to official Gazette dated 4th November 1996
Special Development Areas Act, 1996 - 21
Price: $2.75 Million Freehold
The objective of this prime site is to create a world class major attraction in the middle of Speightstown, that will surely revitalise the town and expand tourism figures and day visitors to assist in attracting other tenants. The proposed building will consist of a beach bar, bar and restaurant with first class beach facilities, a pub/garden restaurant with a major world class kitchen, an Inn - "The Speightstown Inn" - with 19 quality rooms all air-conditioned and each room with an en suite bathroom. Also a retail store that will surely attract tourism and generate local employment.
Located in the heart of the Speightstown hence known as "Little Bristol" directly in front of the beach. Speightstown. which serves as the virtual Northern "Capital' of Barbados, is located on the west coast, which boasts of the loveliest beaches, luxury hotels and private properties. Many shops and restaurants, along with a banking facility and pharmacy for your convenience, surround's the Old Pharmacy.
Ground floor (approximate dimensions)
BATA shoe shop - 1142 sq ft
Pharmacy - 1940 sq ft
Juice Bar - 250 sq ft
Garden Warehouse - 904 sq ft
Garden Warehouse 2 - G682 sq ft
First Floor (inc Veranda) - 2096 sq ft
Second Floor - 2096 sq ft
Garden Passage - 6000 sq ft
Beach Lot (90 x 35 sq ft) - 3150 sq ft
Total: 18,260 sq ft
The planning approval is for approx. 25,000 sq ft
- Freehold property
- Investment opportunity
- Includes 3,150 sq ft of beach
- Tax and other concessions available
- Includes planning permission for an 18 room inn with retail and catering facilities
- Centrally locaed in up and coming Speightstown surrounded by teh majority of new residential building on teh West Coast
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- Other Documents
- Fisherman's pub: This is one of the best places on island to experience true ‘Bajan’ food, ranging from fish cakes, baked pork to pepperpot beef stew set within an authentic ‘rum shop’ design.
- Arlington House: Housed in a restored eighteenth century building, Arlington House is an interactive three-story museum that is both educational and engaging. Children in particular will love the interactive and audio visual features of the museum and the whole family will enjoy learning about Barbados' heritage.
- Port St Charles Yacht Club: Full service bar and restaurant, with a panoramic view of Port St. Charles beach along the West Coast; has been deservingly coined the phrase ‘Simply Paradise’.
- Archer's Hall Design Centre: Offering unique West Indian pieces within a 17th century showroom.
- Orange Street Corner Grocer: Great European style bistro making fantastic homemade pizzas.
- Speightstown Mall: This mall has a variety of stores ranging from a convenience store, clothing stores, Bank, art gallery, and fruit and vegetable vendors.
- East Moon Restaurant: The only Chinese restaurant on the north of the island within a chattel house at reasonable prices.
- Fish Pot Restaurant: Dining at the Fish Pot restaurant located within Little Good Harbour is a fantastic way to experience the northern side of the country. Set in the small eighteenth-century fort at the water's edge, the restaurant is airy and informal, the restaurant offers a truly gourmet dining experience in delightful surroundings.
- Banking Institutions: There are three banks available in Speightstown, these are Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank and First Caribbean International Bank.
- Jordan’s Supermarket: Providing all the items you need to make your stay feel at home.
- Wave Rider: This casual restaurant serves lunch, dinner and drinks with a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Six Men’s Fish Market: A popular fish market provides a fresh variety of fish from dolphin, marlin, tuna and, of course, flying fish. The market becomes alive on Friday night where the adjacent rum shop plays music and serves drink.
- Gallery of Caribbean Art: This prestigious facility hosts numerous exhibitions throughout the year, highlighting the work of the region's finest artists, sculptors and photographers.