- Status: For Sale
- Plot Size: 130680 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 19305 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Fully Furnished
- Pool: Swimming Pool
Holders House is set amongst five acres of formal gardens, gently sloping lawns and tropical orchards. It offers a quiet serenity few can resist; the charming 17th century plantation home is surrounded by ancient Mahogany trees and features an aesthetically pleasing mix of traditional English and Barbadian architecture.
Just a few minutes’ drive from the West Coast and an impressive range of amenities, Holders House boasts one of the Island’s finest locations. To the east is the Green Monkey, Sandy Lane’s most exclusive golf course; to the west, the Holders Polo Club, the first of its kind established in Barbados and one of the most prestigious polo clubs in the Caribbean.
Located north of the popular and idyllic Paynes Bay Beach, Holders House is also within easy distance of Holetown's dining, shopping and nightlife activity, yet this private residence boasts a sense of privacy unmatched by the more populous developments and resort communities on the West Coast.
Accessed by a tree-lined drive that leads to another world entirely; Holders House is set amongst five acres of formal gardens, gently sloping lawns and tropical orchards. It offers a quiet serenity few can resist; the charming 17th century plantation home is surrounded by ancient Mahogany trees and features an aesthetically pleasing mix of traditional English and Barbadian architecture. While many newer homes emulate this style, Holders House is one of the few authentic plantation homes on the West Coast. Its layout takes advantage of the easterly tradewind breezes, and beautiful sea views can be enjoyed from the large coral stone sun deck and pool terraces, which also features a lovely dining gazebo with seating for 12.
The main house has a wrap-around verandah with comfortable seating areas, a grand piano and views to the sea - an ideal location for watching the sunset with evening cocktail in hand or entertaining friends and relatives. There is ample living space and an air-conditioned study; the open-air dining room comfortably seats 16.
There are five en suite double bedrooms with air conditioning and ceiling fans, as well as two additional bedrooms with a shared family bath. The master suite’s balcony commands a sweeping view over the West Coast and Caribbean Sea. There are also two guest cottages; one with one en suite bedroom and the other with two en suite bedrooms.
Home to the Kidd family for over fifty years, Holders House is well known to the Island’s cultural elite; each March the grounds play host to Holders Season, the Caribbean’s premier performance event. Established in 1993 by Wendy Kidd, it features a spectacular range of music and theatre by top international performers.
Adjacent 3-acre plot of land also for sale.
- Expansive pool area
- Five acres of luscious, formal gardens
- Two one-bedroom cottages with ensuites
- Hosts the Holders Season premier performance
- A compilation of Barbadian and English architecture
- Master bedroom boasts sweeping views of the platinum coast
Amenities:Breezy location, Close to beach, Dining Gazebo, Established gardens, Family location, Fully gated, Furnished, Guest cottage, Luxury Finishes, Master bedroom en suite, Panoramic views, Private location, Private terrace / deck, Restaurants close by
- Limegrove Lifestyle Centre: Limegrove Lifestyle Centre has emerged as the most stylish place to shop, dine, and lime for all visitors and residents of Barbados. The Centre is home to many of the world's leading retail brands such as Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Ralph Lauren. An open courtyard with a stunning waterfall feature, lies in the middle of the centre. A number of dining options awaits all visitors, from Thai, Greek and Italian. There are also 2 grand cinemas to catch a movie while munching on delicious treats.
- Tides Restaurant: culinary art awaits you at the water’s edge of the Platinum Coast offering the perfect blend of ambience and mouth-watering culinary creations.
- First and Second Street: this venue offers a great mix of food, lounging, and party spots. You can visit Piano Bar to sip drinks while listening to lovely singing and piano playing, or if you want something more upbeat visit Elbow Room on Fridays to have a great time. First and Second street have over 6 locations to dine and over 5 spots to lounge/party.
- Chattel Houses: bright and quaint, traditional Chattel Houses provide clothing, jewelry, fine art and small eateries to grab a relaxing meal while shopping and walking around.
- Massy Supermarket: this supermarket offers just more than basic necessities when compared to other supermarkets in Barbados. Distinctive features include flowers, specialty foods and a pharmacy.
- Beach House: this complex includes shopping, The Beach House Restaurant and The Drift Bar.
- Zaccios: A beachfront restaurant serving international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner. Known for their yummy pizzas, be sure to try this out!
- Posh Nosh: this innovative concept prepares fresh and frozen meals equivalent to a restaurant but for consumers to take home and enjoy.
- Coffee shops: with 4 cafés available in this area, guests can choose from Café Moya, Coffee Bean, Italian House and Pastry Box, where yummy café lattes and little eateries are served.
- Banks: there are 4 banks available, these include The Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank, First Caribbean International Bank and The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- Sunset Crest Property Owners Beach Access: persons who are staying in select Sunset Crest properties have access to the swimming pool and sun bathing deck at The Beach House Restaurant. Members also benefit from direct beach access from the pool deck unto a white sandy beach.
- Saturday's farmers market: open every from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Set in the grounds of the historic Holders House, located at Holders Hill, St James and overlooking the beautiful Holders Polo Field, our market is alive with the hum of music and the chatter and banter of locals and visitors alike mingling around the individual stalls filled with arts and crafts or food products such as jams, jellies and chutneys. .
- Discovery Bay Hotel: Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West Coast of the island. Days at this hotel are centred around the beach, the pool and the Sugarbird Bar and Grill.