- Status: For Sale
- Plot Size: 121968 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 4500 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: N/A
- Pool: No
A historic plantation villa located on a prime piece of land in the nothern section of Barbados. Traditional old world charm can be seen through from being constructed with limestone blocks as well as pine floors and wooden windows. Located close to Speightstown, the property is close to supermarkets, banks and shops.
The Rectory is a historic, plantation style Barbadian home set on approximately 2.8 acres of prime land. This property boasts fantastic sea views of the West Coast of Barbados and is located a short drive from quaint Speightstown and its amenities.
This 2 story plantation-style house is comprised of authentic coral stone construction with pine floors, large rooms, wooden windows, and wooden upper floors. The bedrooms of the house are located upstairs. The house is substantially constructed from Limestone blocks and wood.
There is a basement and large storage area under the house.
In the garden, there is an old stable building in need of repair and also a variety of tropical fruit and flowering plants.
Road access is available from farm road which links the coast road with the highway. Amenities such as, the beach, supermarkets, shops, banks & churches are a 5 minute drive away at Speightstown. The airport is a 45 minute drive away.
Full of character and charm this house is an excellent candidate for restoration.
- Prime land
- Historic plantation
- Authentic coral stone
- Fantastic West Coast views
- Constructed of Limestone blocks
- Close to amenities in Speightstown
- Fisherman's pub: This is one of the best places on island to experience true ‘Bajan’ food, ranging from fish cakes, baked pork to pepperpot beef stew set within an authentic ‘rum shop’ design.
- Arlington House: Housed in a restored eighteenth century building, Arlington House is an interactive three-story museum that is both educational and engaging. Children in particular will love the interactive and audio visual features of the museum and the whole family will enjoy learning about Barbados' heritage.
- Port St Charles Yacht Club: Full service bar and restaurant, with a panoramic view of Port St. Charles beach along the West Coast; has been deservingly coined the phrase ‘Simply Paradise’.
- Archer's Hall Design Centre: Offering unique West Indian pieces within a 17th century showroom.
- Orange Street Corner Grocer: Great European style bistro making fantastic homemade pizzas.
- Speightstown Mall: This mall has a variety of stores ranging from a convenience store, clothing stores, Bank, art gallery, and fruit and vegetable vendors.
- East Moon Restaurant: The only Chinese restaurant on the north of the island within a chattel house at reasonable prices.
- Fish Pot Restaurant: Dining at the Fish Pot restaurant located within Little Good Harbour is a fantastic way to experience the northern side of the country. Set in the small eighteenth-century fort at the water's edge, the restaurant is airy and informal, the restaurant offers a truly gourmet dining experience in delightful surroundings.
- Banking Institutions: There are three banks available in Speightstown, these are Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank and First Caribbean International Bank.
- Jordan’s Supermarket: Providing all the items you need to make your stay feel at home.
- Wave Rider: This casual restaurant serves lunch, dinner and drinks with a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Six Men’s Fish Market: A popular fish market provides a fresh variety of fish from dolphin, marlin, tuna and, of course, flying fish. The market becomes alive on Friday night where the adjacent rum shop plays music and serves drink.
- Gallery of Caribbean Art: This prestigious facility hosts numerous exhibitions throughout the year, highlighting the work of the region's finest artists, sculptors and photographers.