- Status: For Sale
- Size (Covered): 8000 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Partly Furnished
- Pool: Infinity edge pool
Sand Dollar presents over 8000 sq.ft. of pure style and luxury and is designed by London based architect Alister Downie (Harper Downie) and built by Guy Caunter Berridge, an English bespoke property developer who has made Barbados his home since 2004.
The Calijanda Estate features beautiful uninterrupted views along the West Coast with its azure sea and clear blue skies.
Sand Dollar presents over 8000 sq.ft. of pure style and luxury and is designed by London based architect, Alister Downie (Harper Downie) and built by Guy Caunter Berridge, an English bespoke property developer who has made Barbados his home since 2004.
The open plan design is both spacious and practical, featuring 5 en suite bedrooms, stunning kitchen, dining pavilion, numerous courtyards and balconies, a media room, study, central living pavilion, provision for a gymnasium, garage and 15m infinity pool. – all complimented by and nestled within over 0.5 acres of indigenous landscaping, an integral aspect to the architectural design of the property.
Additionally there is a spacious 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom guest apartment at garden level which provides the owner a degree of privacy.
No time, expense or attention to detail has been spared in creating this breathtaking home. Total luxury comes as standard without the ongoing high running costs often associated with second homes in the Caribbean.
Energy saving measures includes passive ventilation techniques to encourage airflow and reduce power consumption, large overhanging balconies to reduce solar heat gain and low energy fixtures and fittings.
The finest materials, craftsmanship, design and logic have created what is undoubtedly one of the island’s premier residences.
- Ideal location
- Built by Guy Caunter
- Stand alone apartment
- Very low running costs
- Perfect for a large family
- Created by Alistair Downie (Harper Downie)
Amenities:All bedrooms en suite, Breezy location, Ceiling fans, Covered terrace, Dining Gazebo, Enclosed Gardens, Established gardens, Family location, Garden view, Infinity edge pool, Luxury Finishes, Private location, Sea Views, Self contained apartment
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- Golf Course (on-site): take in the green on this 18 hole championship golf course.
- Indulgence Spa: immerse yourself in pure pleasure where you are pampered until all your worries melt away.
- Clubhouse Restaurant (on-site): located in the elegant Clubhouse with breathtaking views, surrounded by manicured gardens of the 9th fairway is the perfect ambience for either a quick lunch or fine dining.
- The Clubhouse: overlooks the 9th fairway and is the focal point for socializing. It includes a restaurant and bar, plus pro shop and changing facilities.
- Sand Piper Hotel and Restaurant: nestled within torch lit tropical gardens and tranquil koi ponds, this elegant restaurant brings you eclectic food with a Caribbean flair.
- Diamonds International Boutique (on-site): looking for Exquisite jewelry and elegant timepieces, this is the place to go.
- Beach Membership: Royal Westmoreland has beach access to Mullins beach, via an organized beach shuttle where sunbeds and umbrellas can be arranged.
- Tennis Courts: the superb sand based Astro Turf courts are surrounded by lush tropical gardens and are floodlit at night. Private and group coaching can be arranged and racquets can be hired.
- On-site Rum Shop: a traditional rum shack is located on this prestigious resort, where persons can sample Barbadian rum.
- Kid’s Club: a convenient kid’s club where loads of activities and camps can be found for your young ones.
- The Halfway House: the Halfway House is located near the 9th green on the golf course and serves a variety of snacks and drinks.
- Coral Reef Hotel: This classical Caribbean hotel provides tourists with a relaxing spa set in a colonial and modern building, where revitalizing facials and relaxing massages can be arrange, along with Yoga which is available twice a week. There is also an on site restaurant overlooking the calm sea, where European and Caribbean delights are served by executive chef Graham Licorish. Sip and dine while live entertainment during winter.
- Royal Pavilion Restaurant – Palm Restaurant: Embrace open air dining while eating tantalizing Caribbean food.
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Restaurant – Taboras: Want some where nice to eat during the day? This day time bar and casual open air restaurant at Royal Pavilion serves breakfast and lunch daily whilst benefiting from breathtaking views.
- Colony Club: This exquisite hotel provides three on site dining restaurants and bars. The Laguna restaurant has a covered and open air area with views of the lagoon pool and gardens where it is opened for lunch and dinner serving up a continental and sea food menu. The Sunset Bar and Deck restaurant has several theme nights perfect for the entire family and has a seafood and continental cuisine. Lastly The Planters Bar is great to grab a quick drink before dinner. The Spa at Colony Club is available for everyone to enjoy a relaxing facial and massage, or take a short stroll onto the quiet beach in front of Colony Club.
- Sand Piper Restaurant: Nestled by torch lit tropical gardens and tranquil koi ponds, this elegant restaurant brings you eclectic food with a Caribbean flair.
- Settlers Beach Hotel: Settlers' Beach is an elegant and spacious Barbados beach resort in a perfect setting that encompasses tropical gardens, freshwater swimming pool and a white sandy beach with crystal clear turquoise waters. A hidden treasure that once found will never be forgotten. Discover one of the true Barbados Hotel gems!
- Spago: Spago is an Italian restaurant offering an array of tasty dishes and a variety of meats, seafood, fish, vegetarian, pasta and pizza. The restaurant offers a wonderful waterfront dining experience for all to enjoy.