- Status: For Sale
- Plot Size: 23390 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 5822 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Furnished
- Pool: Infinity edge pool
Set on a ridge with dramatic views across a mahogany tree gully to the Caribbean Sea, Atelier House is a stunning 4-bedroom villa surrounded by a half-acre of beautiful gardens. The house features double-height living spaces, extensive outdoor terraces and a 32 x 27 ft. swimming pool. The large roof terrace and mezzanine-level study offer stunning views of the West Coast.
Sitting on a ridge above the West Coast of Barbados with dramatic views out to the ocean, Atelier House is a stunning Caribbean retreat. The design was conceptualised in close collaboration with the interior architect / Owner, who has completed projects for discerning homeowners in London, France, Italy and Kenya.
The dramatic double-height living space maximizes the stunning views which extend beyond the outdoor terraces and pool across a mahogany tree-filled gully to the Caribbean Sea. In addition to the ground-level terraces and 32 x 27 ft. pool there is a large roof terrace and mezzanine-level study offering stunning views of the West Coast. The villa is surrounded by a half-acre of gardens featuring indigenous palms, lilies, bougainvillea and many flowering shrubs.
Atelier House has 4 spacious bedrooms. The upstairs master suite has a glazed balcony with views over the sea and a covered outdoor terrace for relaxing; the en-suite bathroom features separate bath and shower facilities. The 3 guest bedrooms are all located on the ground floor. The en-suite guest bedroom features an enclosed outdoor shower, while the 2 additional guest bedrooms share a bathroom.
The vacant 20,699 sq ft plot adjacent is also available for sale by request.
Interiors by Amanda Snow, London based interior designer.
All structural elements designed to withstand hurricane force winds.
Architect - London architecture with experience across the Caribbean.
Structural engineering - Alan Armstrong Associates. Local firm from Christ-Church, Barbados.
Design Engineers - Packman Lucas, London firm with a stellar record for innovative engineering design. Ron Packman is the chief engineer for Thomas Heatherwick - arguably one of the world’s most inventive designers.
Total gross covered area = 4,330 sq.ft
Two kitchens imported from the UK, with worktops and island made of white granite. With one of Kitchens in the pavilion and the other at the rear of the villa
Electric hot water
Dedicated drying space for laundry
Furniture (by separate arrangement) includes one off pieces and contemporary classics by B&B Italia, Artemide, Jasper Morrison, Cassina and Ligne Roset.
Dedicated drying space for laundry
- Large roof terrace
- Dramatic ocean views
- Mezzanine study area
- Indigenous garden plants
- Glazed balcony in Master suite
- Finished with elegant materials
- Astounding architecture and engineering
- Located on West Coast, near all amenities
- Two kitchens; one in the pavilion and the other is situated in the rear of the villa
Amenities:110 volts, 220 volts, ADSL, All bedrooms air conditioned, BBQ, Breezy location, Cable TV, Ceiling fans in all bedrooms, Ceiling fans in living room, Covered terrace, DVD / Video, Electric gates, Electric water heater, Enclosed Gardens, Established gardens, Family location, Flat screen TV, Furnished, Gated entrance, Hair dryer, High ceilings, Ice maker, IPOD Docking Station, Luxury Finishes, Master bedroom en suite, Panoramic views, Patio, Private location, Private terrace / deck, Restaurants close by, Roof terrace, Sea Views, Staffed, Study, Sun loungers, Sun umbrellas, Swimming Pool, Swimming pool - Infinity edge, Telephone, Terrace, TV, Wireless broadband connection
|04/15/2017 - 12/14/2017||Summer||4||US$ 1,500|
|12/15/2017 - 04/14/2018||Winter||4||US$ 2,000|
|Bedroom Name||King||Queen||Twin||Single||Bathroom Type||Bath/Shower||Door To||Dimensions (ft)|
|Master Bedroom - first floor||1||-||-||-||Ensuite||Bath and Shower||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 2 - ground floor||1||-||-||-||-||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 3 - ground floor||-||1||-||-||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 4 - ground floor||1||-||-||2||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- The Shell Gallery: the largest sea shell shop in the Caribbean with rare and exotic sea shells perfect for decorating or as a gift.
- Gibbs Beach: serene with very few people and little activity. also providing shade and safe swimming.
- Mullins Beach: Ppopular beach with access to beach chairs and umbrellas for US$10.00.
- Mullins Restaurant and Bar: eclectic mix of Caribbean, Seafood and Internationally inspired cuisine on an open deck situated on a sandy beach looking onto the azure waters of Barbados.
- Limegrove Lifestyle Centre: Limegrove Lifestyle Centre has emerged as the most stylish place to shop, dine, and lime for all visitors and residents of Barbados. The Centre is home to many of the world's leading retail brands such as Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Michael Kors. An open courtyard with a stunning waterfall feature, lies in the middle of the centre where fine dining range from Thai, Greek and Italian. There are also 2 grand cinemas to catch a movie while munching on delicious treats.
- Tides Restaurant: culinary art awaits you at the water’s edge of the Platinum Coast offering the perfect blend of ambience and mouth-watering culinary creations.
- First and Second Street: this venue offers a great mix of food, lounging, and party spots. You can visit Piano Bar to sip drinks while listening to lovely singing and piano playing, or if you want something more upbeat visit Elbow Room on Fridays to have a great time. First and Second street have over 6 locations to dine and over 5 spots to lounge/party.
- Chattel Houses: bright and quaint, traditional Chattel Houses provide clothing, jewelry, fine art and small eateries to grab a relaxing meal while shopping and walking around.
- Massy Supermarket: this supermarket offers just more than basic necessities when compared to other supermarkets in Barbados. Distinctive features include flowers, specialty foods and a pharmacy.
- Beach House: this complex includes shopping, The Beach House Restaurant and The Drift Bar.
- Zaccios: A beachfront restaurant serving international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner. Known for their yummy pizzas, be sure to try this out!
- Posh Nosh: this innovative concept prepares fresh and frozen meals equivalent to a restaurant but for consumers to take home and enjoy.
- Coffee shops: with 4 cafés available in this area, guests can choose from Café Moya, Coffee Bean, Italian House and Pastry Box, where yummy café lattes and little eateries are served.
- Banks: there are 4 banks available, these include The Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank, First Caribbean International Bank and The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- Sunset Crest Property Owners Beach Access: persons who are staying in select Sunset Crest properties have access to the swimming pool and sun bathing deck at The Beach House Restaurant. Members also benefit from direct beach access from the pool deck unto a white sandy beach.
- Saturday's farmers market: open every from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Set in the grounds of the historic Holders House, located at Holders Hill, St James and overlooking the beautiful Holders Polo Field, our market is alive with the hum of music and the chatter and banter of locals and visitors alike mingling around the individual stalls filled with arts and crafts or food products such as jams, jellies and chutneys. .
- Discovery Bay Hotel: Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West Coast of the island. Days at this hotel are centred around the beach, the pool and the Sugarbird Bar and Grill.