- Status: Rented
- Plot Size: 25340 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 7600 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Furnished
- Pool: Swimming Pool
This luxury eco friendly villa is pioneering the path for environmental living in Barbados. The idea is to be as sustainable and efficient as possible by utilizing net zero living, solar equipment, and environmentally friendly materials. The villa will feature an organic kitchen, wine cave, and passive ventilation.
Welcome to guilt free luxury living. Sugar Water is a luxury eco friendly villa that utilizes natural resources of Barbados to create off grid living in the middle of the prestigious ape’s hill development.
What is net zero living? Net zero is when your house produces as much energy as it consumes. Sugar Water will have the most progressive solar equipment available on the market.
As well as being net zero Sugar Water will be a pioneer in the construction of a ground up philosophy of building an environmentally responsible house in Barbados. Every aspect of the build has been created and managed to make this house as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Sugar Water is a luxury residence that is energy efficient, water efficient as well as focusing on using building materials that are sustainable.
- Organic kitchen garden and orchard
- Comprehensive energy management system
- Wine cave for climate controlled wine storage
- Sustainably farmed lumber used through the house
- Locally made furniture created using sustainably farmed lumber
- Composite roof cedar shingle used to extend roof life to 50 years
- Passive ventilation to cool roof voids to reduce interior air temperature
- Measures taken to ensure superior interior air quality including zero VOC paints
- Active & passive systems implemented to create airflow & reduce interior air temperatures
- Solar pool pump and saline system to both reduce running costs as well as create a healthier swimming environment
- Comprehensive water conservation and catchment systems in place, with the potential to catch and filter 100% of the house water needs
- Part of the Future trees carbon offset program which means that all CO2 emissions of bringing in materials will be offset by planting trees locally
- Recycled content steel roof trusses which provide a roof that is structurally rated to withstand a category 3 hurricane, lasts longer, requires no harsh chemical termite treatment & fully recyclable at the end of the house life cycle
- Apes Hill Golf course: an 18 hole par 72 championship golf course featuring undulating pastures, coral stone and of course superb golf holes! Internationally recognized as one of the world’s best golf courses and for being environmentally conscious.
- Apes Hill Polo Field: indulge in the excitement of the game at one of the finest Polo fields in the West Indies! Visitors can enjoy Polo games from November through May for US$10 for adults and US$5 for children.
- Apes Hill Clubhouse: where Polo lovers can gather and grab something to eat as well as shop around.
- Limegrove Lifestyle Centre: Limegrove Lifestyle Centre has emerged as the most stylish place to shop, dine, and lime for all visitors and residents of Barbados. The Centre is home to many of the world's leading retail brands such as Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Michael Kors. An open courtyard with a stunning waterfall feature, lies in the middle of the centre where fine dining range from Thai, Greek and Italian. There are also 2 grand cinemas to catch a movie while munching on delicious treats.
- Tides Restaurant: culinary art awaits you at the water’s edge of the Platinum Coast offering the perfect blend of ambience and mouth-watering culinary creations.
- First and Second Street: this venue offers a great mix of food, lounging, and party spots. You can visit Piano Bar to sip drinks while listening to lovely singing and piano playing, or if you want something more upbeat visit Elbow Room on Fridays to have a great time. First and Second street have over 6 locations to dine and over 5 spots to lounge/party.
- Chattel Houses: bright and quaint, traditional Chattel Houses provide clothing, jewelry, fine art and small eateries to grab a relaxing meal while shopping and walking around.
- Massy Supermarket: this supermarket offers just more than basic necessities when compared to other supermarkets in Barbados. Distinctive features include flowers, specialty foods and a pharmacy.
- Beach House: this complex includes shopping, The Beach House Restaurant and The Drift Bar.
- Zaccios: A beachfront restaurant serving international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner. Known for their yummy pizzas, be sure to try this out!
- Posh Nosh: this innovative concept prepares fresh and frozen meals equivalent to a restaurant but for consumers to take home and enjoy.
- Coffee shops: with 4 cafés available in this area, guests can choose from Café Moya, Coffee Bean, Italian House and Pastry Box, where yummy café lattes and little eateries are served.
- Banks: there are 4 banks available, these include The Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank, First Caribbean International Bank and The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- Sunset Crest Property Owners Beach Access: persons who are staying in select Sunset Crest properties have access to the swimming pool and sun bathing deck at The Beach House Restaurant. Members also benefit from direct beach access from the pool deck unto a white sandy beach.
- Saturday's farmers market: open every from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Set in the grounds of the historic Holders House, located at Holders Hill, St James and overlooking the beautiful Holders Polo Field, our market is alive with the hum of music and the chatter and banter of locals and visitors alike mingling around the individual stalls filled with arts and crafts or food products such as jams, jellies and chutneys. .
- Discovery Bay Hotel: Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West Coast of the island. Days at this hotel are centred around the beach, the pool and the Sugarbird Bar and Grill.