- Status: For Rent
- Plot Size: 4229 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Fully Furnished
- Pool: Swimming Pool
Shangri-La is an impressive Spanish-influenced villa offering spacious and exceptionally comfortable living space, including 4-bedrooms and a media room. Ample outdoor areas include a covered terrace, sunbathing patio and a large swimming pool all affording panoramic and unobstructed sea views.
Summer US$ 935
Winter US$ 1,435
Shangri-La was purposely built on one level to create a grand Spanish-influenced, spacious and exceptionally comfortable villa that can easily accommodate up to eight people. The property is particularly well suited to those who enjoy outdoor living and entertaining; your days are met with panoramic and unobstructed sea views beyond the large swimming pool with sun bathing patio, and your evenings are guaranteed to be enchanting and memorable with warm Caribbean breezes and star-filled skies.
The approach to Shangri-La via a majestic 75 ft drive lined with stately mahogany trees and giant ferns is impressive, and the grounds are sumptuously appointed with tropical plants and fruit trees surrounding the house. The media room/bar is outfitted with an LCD flat screen television, Bluray / DVD player, stereo, and CD player, all installed in a custom designed cabinet. A collection of videos, DVDs and CDs, as well as games and cards, are also provided. The villa has two en suite bedrooms; each air-conditioned and professionally decorated. The bedrooms are named in accordance with the décor: The White Room, The Polo Room, The Princess Margaret Room and The Master Bedroom.
Closest beach: Paynes Bay
TV in master bedroom only
Pool depth: 9 ft.
- Media Room
- Satellite television
- Internet connection
- DVD & CD collections
- Blu-ray / DVD players
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Safes & Security System
Amenities:110 volts, ADSL, All bedrooms air conditioned, BBQ, Boardgames, Breezy location, Cable TV, Ceiling fans in living room, Close to beach, Covered terrace, Dining Gazebo, DVD / Video, DVD library, Electric water heater, Enclosed Gardens, Established gardens, Family location, Flat screen TV, Games room, Gated, Gazebo, Hair dryer, House keepers quarters, Ice maker, Media Room, Night watchman, Owner's storage / lock up, Panoramic views, Private location, Private terrace / deck, Restaurant close by, Safes in all Bedrooms, Sea Views, Security Alarm, Security guard, Solar Power Hot Water, Staffed, Sun loungers, Sun terrace, Swimming Pool, Telephone, Terrace, TV, Water storage tanks, Wireless broadband connection
|04/15/2017 - 12/14/2017||Summer||4||US$ 935|
|12/15/2017 - 04/14/2018||Winter||4||US$ 1,435|
Special rates apply for Christmas and New Year, all rates subject to 7.5% VAT
|Bedroom Name||King||Queen||Twin||Single||Bathroom Type||Bath/Shower||Door To||Dimensions (ft)|
|Master||-||1||-||-||Ensuite||Bath and Shower||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 2||-||1||-||-||Ensuite||Bath and Shower||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 3||-||-||-||2||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 4||-||-||-||2||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Villa Manager||Visits property regularly and available on demand|
|Housekeeper/Laundress||6 days per week. 8 hours per day|
|Cook||6 days per week.|
|Security / security guard||7 days per week|
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- Holders House: Holders is a traditional Plantation House dating from the 17th century, set on 5 acres of formal and park gardens. The house offers beautiful views over its huge pool and the polo ground to the Caribbean Sea.
- Holders Festival: the Holders Season is established as the premier cultural event in the Caribbean. Acclaimed nationally and internationally, the season is a celebration of opera, music and theatre. The production always plays to capacity houses and its high artistic standard draws audiences from around the world. Visit http://www.holders.net/season/ for more information, feel free to book through our Concierge Guest Specialists.
- Holder’s Hill Polo Field: known as the main Polo venue in Barbados, Polo enthusiast can cheer for their team from November-May.
- Saturday Farmers Market: set on the grounds of the historic Holders House, located on Holders Hill, St James, and overlooking the beautiful Holders Polo Field, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. The market is alive with the hum of music and the chatter and banter of locals and visitors alike mingling around the individual stalls filled with arts and crafts or food products such as jams, jellies and chutneys.
- Roti Den: offering one of the most authentic rotis on island is Roti Den. The eatery hand makes the roti skins which can be stuffed with a selection of yummy fillings, such as pumpkin, shrimp, chicken, fish, channa and more all with spicy homemade curry. For the adventurous, add some pepper to this filling meal, which adds lots of flavour and has a great kick to it.