- Status: For Rent
- Plot Size: 188179 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 9931 sq. ft.
- Size (Uncovered): 74174 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Fully Furnished
- Pool: Swimming Pool , Jacuzzi - outdoor
Perched above Barbados' fabled Platinum Coast on a breathtaking coral stone cliff, Pandanus Great House is a stunning colonial-style Caribbean villa. The palatial 9,000 sq ft home and two guest cottages are set within nearly 3 acres of tropical gardens with terraces, swimming pool and dining gazebo. The house boasts unobstructed panoramic views from every room, sweeping over a rainforest canopy to the sandy shores and aquamarine seas of Mullins and Gibbs Beaches, located just a few hundred yards away.
Summer US$ 1,015
Winter US$ 1,815
Perched above Barbados' fabled Platinum Coast on a breathtaking coral stone cliff, Pandanus Great House is a stunning colonial-style Caribbean villa. The palatial 9,000 sq ft home and two guest cottages are set within nearly three acres of tropical gardens, just a few hundred yards from beautiful Mullins beach.
Scheduled flights from the UK, US and Canada put Barbados within easy reach; designer stores, internationally acclaimed restaurants and spas and five world-class golf courses make the island a sophisticated tropical destination. Shimmering white sand beaches, elegant restaurants and the near year-round tropical climate have made Barbados the favoured vacation destination for stars of music, film and television. Many have chosen Pandanus for its security, luxury and unrivalled location; some enjoyed the experience so much they have built their own homes nearby.
The approach to Pandanus leads through a sugar cane plantation to a 1,200 ft. drive through landscaped gardens. The main house is entered through a lush atrium garden filled with exotic plants and flowering vines; inside the entrance hall is a spectacular staircase with mahogany handrails and a 23 ft. high window overlooking the pool and sea beyond.
Unobstructed panoramic views from every room sweep down over a rainforest canopy to the sandy shores and aquamarine seas of Mullins and Gibbs Beaches; two of the most acclaimed beaches in the Caribbean. The spacious living room, designed to connect indoor and outdoor entertaining space, is flanked by French doors on each side; one side leads to tropical gardens with charming seating areas, while the other leads to the pool area with outdoor dining facilities, gazebo and spa pool. A large dining room that can seat up to 20 people is served by a kitchen fully-equipped with GE appliances that also offers catering facilities for up to 100 guests.
The Great House and guest cottages offer a combined six bedrooms and five bathrooms. The main house has two guest bedrooms; the master suite, located up the mahogany stairway, has an en suite bathroom, dressing area and private balcony offering views of the pool, gardens and Caribbean Sea. The first, older guest cottage has a bedroom, sitting room, small kitchen and bathroom, while the second, newer cottage has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and private patio area.
Pandanus is equipped with a private office with an Apple computer, printer, fax and independent telephone line. An upgraded satellite dish delivers a complete array of international television stations to the dedicated media area on the ground floor. There are also separate staff quarters in the main house.
The extensive grounds and all accommodation, both internal and external, are protected by a state-of- the-art security system. The entrance is secured by electronic gates, set in a six ft. high perimeter wall, and the estate has a generator to provide electricity in the event of a power outage. An integral garage and storeroom provide a safe home for vehicles and other equipment.
There is Direct TV through the property
All bedrooms have TV except for downstairs bedroom. Cottage 1 has a in TV in the living area.
Playstation 3 available in bedroom 2
Bedroom 2, which is located upstairs has 3 twins. The first 2 twins are in one section, whereas the final twin is in the a separate area left of this bedroom divinded by a sliding door. This can be used in the event the children's nanny comes on the trip.
Cottage 1 has 1 bedroom whereas Cottage 2 has 2 bedrooms
- 2 guest cottages
- Spectacular staircase
- State-of-the-art security system
- Exotic plants & landscaped gardens
- Private balcony from master bedroom
- Private office with Apple Mac, printer & fax
- Unobstructed panoramic views from every room
- Only available as a 5 bed villa. 6th bedroom is locked off
Amenities:All bedrooms air conditioned, All bedrooms en suite, Computer, Electric gates, Established gardens, Family location, Furnished, Garage, Garden view, Gated entrance, Gazebo, Generator, Guest cottage, High ceilings, House keepers quarters, Ice maker, Lock off bedrooms, Luxury Finishes, Office, Panoramic views, Patio, Private location, Private terrace / deck, Restaurants close by, Sea Views, Security Alarm, Security Safe, Staffed, Study, Swimming Pool, Terrace, Wine cooler, Wireless broadband connection
|04/15/2017 - 12/14/2017||Summer||5||US$ 1,015|
|12/15/2017 - 04/14/2018||Winter||5||US$ 1,815|
Special rates apply for Christmas and New Year
|Bedroom Name||King||Queen||Twin||Single||Bathroom Type||Bath/Shower||Door To||Dimensions (ft)|
|Master||1||-||-||-||Ensuite||Shower Only||Patio||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 2||-||-||-||3||Ensuite||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 3 (Cottage 1)||1||-||-||-||Ensuite||Shower Only||Patio||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 4 (Cottage 2)||1||-||-||-||Ensuite||Shower Only||Patio||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 5 (Cottage 2)||-||-||2||-||Ensuite||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Housekeeper||7 days a week. 9:00 - 5:00 Mon - Fri and half days on weekends|
|Laundress||7 days a week. 9:00 - 5:00 Mon - Fri and half days on weekends|
|Chef||7 days a week. 9:00 - 5:00 Mon - Fri and half days on weekends|
|Gardener||7 days a week. 9:00 - 5:00|
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- The Shell Gallery: the largest sea shell shop in the Caribbean with rare and exotic sea shells perfect for decorating or as a gift.
- Gibbs Beach: serene with very few people and little activity. also providing shade and safe swimming.
- Mullins Beach: Ppopular beach with access to beach chairs and umbrellas for US$10.00.
- Mullins Restaurant and Bar: eclectic mix of Caribbean, Seafood and Internationally inspired cuisine on an open deck situated on a sandy beach looking onto the azure waters of Barbados.
- Fisherman's pub: This is one of the best places on island to experience true ‘Bajan’ food, ranging from fish cakes, baked pork to pepperpot beef stew set within an authentic ‘rum shop’ design.
- Arlington House: Housed in a restored eighteenth century building, Arlington House is an interactive three-story museum that is both educational and engaging. Children in particular will love the interactive and audio visual features of the museum and the whole family will enjoy learning about Barbados' heritage.
- Port St Charles Yacht Club: Full service bar and restaurant offering international cuisine prepared by a World Class chef, with a panoramic view of Port St. Charles beach along the West Coast; has been deservingly coined the phrase ‘Simply Paradise’. Use by members only.
- Archer's Hall Design Centre: Offering unique West Indian pieces within a 17th century showroom.
- Orange Street Corner Grocer: Great European style bistro making fantastic homemade pizzas.
- Speightstown Mall: This mall has a variety of stores ranging from a convenience store, clothing stores, Bank, art gallery, and fruit and vegetable vendors.
- East Moon Restaurant: The only Chinese restaurant on the north of the island within a chattel house at reasonable prices.
- Little Good Harbour: Just minutes north of Port St Charles, this charming cluster of cottages, nestled around two swimming pools and lush gardens, epitomizes the best of Caribbean architecture. Located in the tranquil little fishing community of Shermans, Little Good Harbour's luxury guest cottages impart the unique individuality of one of the last family-run ocean front hotels on the fashionable west coast of Barbados
- Fish Pot Restaurant: Dining at the Fish Pot restaurant located within Little Good Harbour is a fantastic way to experience the Northern side of the country. Set in the small eighteenth-century fort at the water's edge, the restaurant is airy and informal, the restaurant offers a truly gourmet dining experience in delightful surroundings.
- Banking Institutions: There are 4 banks available in Speightstown, these are Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank and First Caribbean International Bank.
- Jordan’s Supermarket: Providing all the items you need to make your stay feel at home and ease.
- Wave rider: This casual restaurant serves lunch, dinner and drinks with a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Six Men’s Fish Market: A popular fish market provides a fresh variety of fish from dolphin, marlin, tuna and of course flying fish. The market becomes alive on Friday night where the adjacent rum shop plays music and serves drink.
- Gallery of Caribbean Art: This prestigious facility hosts numerous exhibitions throughout the year, highlighting the work of the region's finest artists, sculptors and photographers.